DIY: Spring-Inspired Ikat Print Shoes
Mar 24, 2016 11:00AM ● Published by Tamara Orth
If The Shoe Fits
Story and Photos by Tamara Orth
• Canvas shoes (found at local craft stores)
• Water-based paint (I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)
• Waterproof shoe sealer (optional)
1. Practice your pattern and colors on a piece of paper first.
2. Use small brush strokes to create diamond shapes.
3. Continue this pattern so you are left with a few rows of the diamond pattern. This will be your base color.
4. Using your second color, repeat the small brush stroke process to make another diamond. This time, paint inside of your first diamond shape to create a layered look.
5. Continue this process with all of the diamonds.
6. You can stop there, depending on your preference. I wanted to break up the symmetry by painting additional diamond shapes and playing with different color combinations. Customize them to fit your style.
7. Spray your shoes with a waterproof sealer to help keep them looking fresh and new. •