DIY: Hanging Planter Shelf
Aug 26, 2016 11:00AM
By Monica Fatica
Feature and photos by Monica Fatica
Create a wood floating shelf and use as a plant display or a side table. We left the natural wood but you can stain it to bring out the grain for a more rustic style.
• Round wood panel (find at a hardware or craft store)
• Twine or yarn
• Wall bracket
• Stain (optional)
1. Cut approximately 30-40 strands of twine at 3 yards (9 feet) long.
2. Gather your strands and tie a knot at the center.
3. Divide the strands into four sections.
4. Twist or braid each section to create a pattern.
5. Tie a knot about 4-6” from the top and then tie a knot at the bottom.
6. Set your wood panel inside the four patterned strands.