DIY: Side TableApr 24, 2017 11:00AM ● By Kendra Kaiserman
Story by Kayla Stock
Photos by Kelli Avila
• Tomato cage• Wire cutters
• Wood stain or wax
• Brush to apply stain or wax
• Spray paint (we used gold)
• Hook fasteners
• Drill and screws
• 14-inch diameter wood top
1. Trim down the top of the tomato cage so there are only three tiers.
2. Spray paint the tomato cage in your desired color.
3. Stain or wax the wood top; we used Annie Sloan Dark Wax.
4. Using your drill and fasteners, attach your wood top to the narrowest end of your tomato cage, making sure it’s centered.
TIP: Customize your table to your preferred style by using another metallic shade of spray paint, or use a pop of color like turquoise.