DIY: Leather Wall Pockets
Dec 22, 2017 11:00AM
● By Kayla Stock
Pick a Pocket
Story by Kayla Stock
Photos by Kelli Avila
Clear the clutter with this functional and decorative accessory for your home or office. The possibilities are endless with what you can do with a few pieces of leather and wooden board.
• 4 foot by 1 inch by 12 inch wooden board
• Leather or faux leather
• Small brass nails
• Tape measure
1. Trace the size of your folders on your fabric, using your marker. For standard letter-sized paper, use the size 10 by 18.25 inches.
2. Use scissors to cut leather on the line drawn. Do this three times for each folder.
3. Fold leather pieces in half. The fold crease should be on the 10-inch edge of the leather so that each folder is 10 inches wide.
4. Place the three folders evenly on your wood so a letter-sized paper can slide in each. (The bottom edge of the bottom folder will be closer to the end of the wood, the top edge of the top folder will have more space between it and the edge of the wood so the folders with the paper inside will be spaced evenly.)
5. After folders are spaced where you want them, nail the top two corners so there is still enough space for the letter-sized paper to fit between them. Repeat step five with all folders.
6. Lean against the wall, or hang and enjoy!