DIY: Fail Proof Calligraphy Wedding Sign
Jan 25, 2018 05:00AM
● By Enjoy Magazine
Sign of the Times
Story by Kayla Stock
Photos by Kelli Avila
Wood sign, found at craft shops
Paint or stain
Printable quote (printed in black and white)
Pen or paint for calligraphy
1. Browse Etsy for a printable quote for your sign. Make sure the font is what you want, because this is what you will copy onto your sign. Print your sign (we prefer black and white) at a print shop. After your sign is printed, on the backside, color chalk over your design so that every letter has chalk colored behind it.
2. Lay your printout over the top of your wood sign. Craft shops have plenty of options for DIY wood signs, but we made ours out of 1x4-inch pieces of wood cut to size and nailed together. Paint it a dark color - we suggest black, charcoal or dark-stained wood.
3. Using a chalk or a pencil, firmly trace your printed design. This step will transfer your design to the wood.
4. Pull away your print to reveal your design on your wood sign.
5. Trace over your design with your paint pen, or paint and brush.
Tip: You can use this same method for writing on a chalkboard.
6. Set on an easel, table, or hang for your guests to see!