Sign Your Name
Jan 25, 2018 05:00AM ● Published by Kimberly Boney
Gallery: Fun Alternatives To The Guest Book [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
Fun Alternatives To The Guest Book
By Kimberly Bonéy
Photos courtesy of Amber Smith and Kelli Avila
Many a happy couple has said it: Our wedding day was a happy blur. With all of the inordinate preparations, the pure excitement of marrying your best friend, and the flood of family and friends who are there to celebrate, it can be hard to remember exactly who was there when the glitter settles. The heart is willing, but sometimes the mind is just too overwhelmed. While a traditional guest book can certainly do the trick, we prefer these fun and useful alternatives.
• If you and your love are travelers at heart, consider a vintage globe or a large map for guests to sign. Not only is it a unique way to recall your special day, it makes for a piece of décor you can use in your home for years to come.
• Assign each guest a particular anniversary and have them write you some words of wisdom to be opened on the corresponding anniversary date. It’ll be a sweet way to remember your loved ones and recall the joy of your wedding day all over again.
• If you and your spouse love a good game night, consider having your loved ones sign a piece of your Jenga set, your favorite puzzle or a card from your trusty deck. What a fun-filled way to remember all of the loved ones who brought their A-game to your celebration.
• It’s utterly fascinating to snap a photo and have it appear magically before your eyes. Polaroid technology isn’t new, but we’ve fallen in love with it all over again. Have your guests snap a photo, shake it until it dries, stick it into place in an album and sign it with love.
• Music lovers will sing a happy tune as they delight in the image of a guitar embellished with messages from loved ones. You can pick up a used guitar on Craigslist or at a thrift store on the cheap, but the masterpiece your loved ones help create will serenade you for a lifetime.
• Have a rustic wooden sign customized with your last name and the year you were married and have family and friends sign around the focal point. Your guests will literally become part of the woodwork at your house.
• Purchase clear bottles to be used for storing seasonings and have your loved ones write you a message on the back of the bottle. It’s a good reminder that everything should be seasoned with love. •