DIY: Wood Serving Tray
Mar 03, 2018 11:00AM
● By Monica Fatica
You've Been Served
Story by Monica Fatica
Photos by Kelli Avila
Wood board (we used a pre-cut 11x24x1-inch piece)
Wax or stain sealant and brush
Self-adhesive felt pads
Drawer pulls in the style and finish of your choice
Machine screws (we used 1¼-inch)
Drill and drill bit
1. Mark where you want to attach your pulls.
2. Drill holes through your board.
3. Sand your wood piece to smooth out rough edges and splinters.
4. Wax or stain your wood piece in the sealant of your choice.
5. Attach your pulls using a screwdriver or drill.
6. Place your felt pads to the bottom of your board so your screw heads won’t scratch your surfaces.
Tip: Use olive oil or a food grade sealant to turn your piece into a cheeseboard.