DIY: Door TasselApr 29, 2019 11:00AM ● By Enjoy Magazine
Craft by Kayla Van Grouw
Photos by Kelli Avila
• Cotton upholstery rope (found at craft stores) in color scheme of your choice
• Cotton embroidery thread
1. Measure the rope around your door handle to make sure the tassel will fit when finished.
2. Mark on the rope where your stopping points are for the loop of your tassel.
3. Start wrapping the thread. The best way to start is to pick your first color and tie a knot at the starting point, then wrap. To switch colors, tie the second color onto the first color with another knot. Leave the knot strings until the very end to prevent unraveling.
4. Continue wrapping each color around the rope until you reach your stopping mark made in Step 2.
5. Cut all your loose knot ends, hang and enjoy!
Use these steps to create a key chain tassel. In Step 1, with your first knot, tie on your key chain loop and thread through it while you wrap around your rope until it is strong. Then continue with Steps 2-5.