DIY: Display Tray
May 29, 2019 11:00AM
● By Enjoy Magazine
Craft by Kayla Van Grouw
Photos by Kelli Avila
- Pre-cut 24x24-inch wood board found at hardware store
- Measuring tape
- Brass or galvanized washers
- Black 3/4-inch screws
- Suede craft strip
1. Sand your board so it’s smooth. You can choose to stain it at this point, but we left ours raw to eventually have a worn/distressed look.
2. Measure your suede strip for how long the handle will be.
3. Pucker the strip so it creates an arch. Measure where the screws will go after the arch is created.
4. Place the washer on your screw and use the drill to screw your handle to the wood.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the opposite handle.
6. Style on your couch or ottoman and enjoy!