DIY: Multi-Purpose Carry Clutch
Jul 22, 2019 11:00AM
By Enjoy Magazine
In a Clutch
Story by Kayla Van Grouw
Photos by Kellie Avila
Felt – one yard
Heavy-duty hole punch
Tips: Cut the template to any size depending on your case use. Use for sunglasses, pens or even to wrap a gift card.
1. Make the template for your case. (For sunglasses, we used an 11x17-inch paper size.) Divide your paper into fourths. Make a curved line starting at the long end of the paper, making a hump to the 1/4 mark, then back out to the 1/2 mark, then back into the 3/4 mark and another hump to the opposite end of where you started. Mirror this line on the parallel side of the paper. Each corner of your template should touch both ends and center marks of your paper.
2. Cut the template out.
3. Overlay the template on the piece of felt and use the template as a guide to cut the edges of your case.
4. Use the hole puncher to make a hole in the corner of each felt flap. Then fold three corners together, starting with a long side first, and then the two short sides.
5. Pull the cord through the folded flaps and tie the three flaps together with a knot. Continue wrapping the cord around the bottom of the case, over the backside and through the hole on the top flap of the case. Tie another knot on the inside of the flap to keep the cord in place.
6. Now wrap your cord around your case three times to measure out the length of your cord and tie a knot at the end.
7. Wrap your cord around the case, tuck your knot into another part of the cord to secure your case for use and enjoy!