DIY: Leather Vase Wrap
Aug 27, 2019 11:00AM
● By Enjoy Magazine
All Wrapped Up
Story by Kayla Van Grouw
Photos by Kelli Avila
Narrow glass vase
Double cap rivets
Double cap rivet tool
Leather or vinyl
Hole puncher (not pictured)
Tips: Use these same steps to make a leather coffee sleeve or beverage koozie.
1. Measure the vase diameter.
2. Add one inch to the diameter of the vase measurement for fabric overlap, and choose the height of the fabric piece. Flip over to backside of fabric and outline size of fabric piece with the square ruler and pencil.
3. Cut out outline of the fabric piece.
4. Pull the fabric around your vase and overlap the ends. On the overlapped edge, measure for your rivets. Make two dots 1 inch and 1.5 inch from the top and bottom of the fabric.
5. Punch the holes of your fabric on the dots created in step 4.
6. Using the rivet tool, hammer the rivets into place.
7. Slip the fastened fabric cover over the vase.
8. Style and enjoy!