DIY: Candle in Gold TrayOct 24, 2019 11:00AM ● By Enjoy Magazine
Story by Kayla Van Grouw
Photos by Kelli Avila
Measuring cup (keep in mind, it will get dirty with wax)
Soy wax, 2 lbs.
1. Measure out wax for your vessel. We used one quart for each layer of wax for our vessel that measures 13 inches long, 7 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep.
2. Heat wax in microwave for 1-minute increments.
3. Stir wax between each increment until fully melted.
4. Pour first layer of wax.
5. Distribute wicks in your vessel evenly spread out. Hold wicks until wax solidifies a bit.
6. Repeat steps 1-3, then while holding up wicks, pour the second layer of wax onto solidified layer.
7. Cut wicks so that about a quarter inch remains on each.
8. Style, light wicks, get cozy and enjoy!