DIY Citrus SoapNov 16, 2020 07:44PM ● By Monica Fatica
Beautifully CleanOctober/November 2020
Story and photos by Monica Fatica
- Goat’s milk melt and pour base
- Soap molds
- Citrus essential oil (we used mandarin)
- Dried citrus slices (we used store-bought)
- Microwave-safe container and stirring utensil
- Twine or ribbon
- Knife to cut milk base
1. Cut the soap base into chunks and place into a microwave-safe container.
2. Microwave the chunks in 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring in between to ensure the base is smooth.
3. Add a few drops of your essential oil scent and stir.
4. Place the dried citrus slices inside your soap molds.
5. Pour the melted soap base into your molds until they are filled and set aside for a few hours. You can press the slices down a bit so they are more visible when hardened.
6. Touch the soaps to ensure they have hardened, then pop them out of the molds.
7. You can wrap them with twine, ribbon, mesh bags or plastic sleeves if gifting. Enjoy!
Tip: Other dried fruits, flowers and scents can be used to your liking. If you prefer, there are instructions online to dry your own citrus slices.