There are some terrific things to do around town, we'll share some of them here and remember you can add events to our calendar.
THE SEQUOIA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA was founded in 1959. Its mission was to attract more adult participation to the music community, as well as foster an appreciation of symphonic music throughout Tulare County.
EVERY SEPTEMBER, nostalgia and excitement spring up in downtown Tulare as the Tulare County Fair beckons patrons of all ages to experience the odd-couple marriage of agricultural jubilee and carnival magic.
• Exeter is home to about 10,500 people.
• While the town is small, its location at the northern entrance to the Sequoia National Forest means that they get lots of visitors from all over the world.
• Orange you glad you visited Exeter? Legend says the world’s sweetest oranges are grown here, and it’s known by some as the “citrus capital of the world.”
• The town was named after Exeter, England – the native land of D.W. Parkhurst, who bought the land from an early settler.
THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY is a diverse region rich in culture, food and geography, but also often maligned by an association with statistics that paint a bleaker, smoggier portrait.
• This area was inhabited by the Tachi Yokut Indians for thousands of years.
• Hanford was established shortly after railroad tracks were laid through a sheep camp in 1877. The city is named for railroad executive James Madison Hanford.
GREEKS FIRTS BEGAN immigrating to Fresno around the turn of the 20th century. At first, a handful of men came to America who then aspired to have their Greek wives join them.
IN "THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE," Marcia pulls off the impossible, booking Davy Jones of The Monkees for her high school dance. It’s one of those classic movie moments, when a big star performs on a small stage in front of his most avid fans.
Ten must-reads for summer.